|How to get there||Map / Directions|
|Drivers Profile||Click Here|
It will be five years in May since we built the first new circuit at Blyton Park and although we have invested in the place continuously, our good friends at Jordan Road Surfacing returned in December to carry out a whole programme of new developments.
On the circuit, many areas of run-off have been resurfaced (and painted yellow!) which will undoubtedly lead to faster lap times in the many Sprint events scheduled for 2016.
We have also bought a new pick-up truck from Jeremy and the team at Nunns in Grimsby and the Briefing Suite is now fully heated.
History of Blyton
RAF Blyton opened on April 20th 1942. Like most second world war stations, it had three concrete runways and a large range of hangers, bomb stores and accommodation buildings. The station was home for 1966 male and 389 female service personnel.
At the end of the war Blyton was allocated to the US Air Force as a reserve field during which time the runways were coated in tarmac. In 1954 the airfield closed for good although crews from adjacent stations used its runways for circuit and landing practice.